Vatican City, 13 June 2014 (VIS) – Yesterday afternoon the Holy Father received in audience Cardinal Angelo Amato S.D.B., prefect of the Congregation for the Causes of Saints. During the audience he authorised the promulgation of decrees concerning the following causes:
- Venerable Servant of God Louis-Edouard Cestac, French diocesan priest, founder of the Servants of Mary (1801-1868).
- Venerable Servant of God Irene Stefani (nee Aurelia Giacomina Mercedes), Italian professed nun of the Consolata Missionary Sisters (1891-1930).
- Servant of God Luigi Savare, Italian diocesan priest (1878-1949).
- Servant of God Eugenio Reffo, Italian professed priest and co-founder of the Congregation of St. Joseph (1843-1925).
- Servant of God Mother Magdalen of the Sacred Heart (nee Frances Margaret Taylor), foundress of the Poor Servants of the Mother of God (1832-1900).
- Servant of God Maria Giuseppa Scandola, Italian professed nun of the Comboni Missionary Sisters (1849-1903).
- Servant of God Itala Mela, laywoman and Benedictine Oblate of the Monastery of St. Paul Outside-the-Walls (1904-1957).
- Servant of God Uberto Mori, Italian layperson and father (1926-1989).