VATICAN CITY, 8 SEP 2009 (VIS) - The following prelates died in recent weeks:
- Archbishop John Choi Young-soo, emeritus of Daegu, Korea, on 31 August at the age of 67.
- Bishop Nicolas D'Antonio Salza O.F.M., former prelate of Inmaculada Concepcion de la B.V.M. en Olancho, Honduras, on 2 August at the age of 93.
- Bishop Frank Marcus Fernando, emeritus of Chilaw, Sri Lanka, on 24 August at the age of 77.
- Bishop Czeslaw Lewandowski, former auxiliary of Wloclawek, Poland, on 16 August at the age of 87.
- Archbishop Gustavo Martinez Frias of Nueva Pamplona, Colombia, on 29 August at the age of 74.
- Archbishop Anthony Mayla of Mwanza, Tanzania, on 19 August at the age of 69.
- Bishop John Baptist Minder O.S.F.S., emeritus of Keimoes-Upingtom, South Africa, on 13 August at the age of 85.
- Bishop Carl K. Moeddel, former auxiliary of Cincinnati, U.S.A., on 25 August at the age of 71.
- Bishop John Mulagada of Eluru, India, on 16 August at the age of 71.
- Archbishop Gilles Ouellet P.M.E., emeritus of Rimouski, Canada, on 13 August at the age of 86.
.../DEATHS/... VIS 20090908 (200)