Vatican City, 10 May 2014 (VIS) – The Holy Father today received in audience Cardinal Angelo Amato S.D.B., prefect of the Congregation for the Causes of Saints. During the audience he authorised the promulgation of decrees concerning the following causes:
- Venerable Servant of God Paul VI, ne Giovanni Battista Montini, Supreme Pontiff (1897-1978).
- Venerable Servant of God Luigi Caburlotto, Italian diocesan priest, founder of the Institute of the Daughters of St. Joseph of Venice (1817-1897)
- Servant of God Giacomo Abbondo, Italian diocesan priest (1720-1788).
- Servant of God Jacint Alegre Pujals, Spanish professed priest of the Society of Jesus (1874-1930).
- Venerable Servant of God Carole-Barbe Colchen Carre de Malberg, French laywoman and foundress of the Society of the Association of Saint Francis de Sales (1829-1891).
The Holy Father also authorised the dicastery to communicate that the rite of beatification of the Venerable Servant of God Paul VI will take place in the Vatican on 19 October 2014.