Vatican City, 30 May 2014 (VIS) – On Thursday, 12 June, in the Consistory Hall of the Apostolic Palace, during the celebration of Terce, an ordinary public consistory will be held for the canonisation of the following Blesseds:
- Giovanni Antonio Farina, bishop of Vicenza, Italy, and founder of the Institute of the Sisters of Saint Dorothy, Daughters of the Sacred Hearts.
- Kuriakose Elias Chavara of the Holy Family, Indian priest and founder of the Congregation of the Carmelites of Mary Immaculate.
- Ludovico de Casoria, Italian professed priest of the Order of Friars Minor, founder of the Congregation of the Franciscan Sisters of Saint Elizabeth (“Bigie”).
- Nicola da Longobardi, Italian professed oblate of the Order of Minims.
- Eufrasia Eluvathingal of the Sacred Heart, Indian professed religious of the Congregation of the Mother of Carmel.
- Amato Ronconi, Italian layperson of the Third Order of St. Francis, founder of the founder of the Hospital-Hospice for Poor Pilgrims of Saludecio, now the Beato Amato Ronconi Nursing Home.