Home - VIS Vatican - Receive VIS - Contact us - Calendar

The Vatican Information Service is a news service, founded in the Holy See Press Office, that provides information about the Magisterium and the pastoral activities of the Holy Father and the Roman Curia...[]

Last 5 news

VISnews in Twitter Go to YouTube

Thursday, April 3, 2014

TELEGRAM FOR THE EARTHQUAKE IN CHILE


Vatican City, 3 April 2014 (VIS) – The Pope has sent the following telegram to Cardinal Ricardo Ezzati Andrello S.D.B., metropolitan archbishop of Santiago and president of the Episcopal Conference of Chile, for the earthquake that has caused six deaths and numerous casualties throughout the country:

“Profoundly saddened to learn of the earthquake that has claimed victims and caused injuries, as well as causing material damage and leaving many people homeless in this beloved country, I ask you to convey to all the Chilean people my closeness and heartfelt affection. I pray that God may grant eternal repose to the departed and console those affected by this tragic event, and inspire hope so that they may face this adversity.

“I also strongly urge Christian communities, civil institutions and persons of good will to offer effective help to the afflicted, with a generous and brotherly spirit of charity. I invoke the loving protection of Our Lady of Carmen, and impart my apostolic blessing as a sign of my cordial appreciation of the noble Chilean people, so dear to my heart”.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © VIS - Vatican Information Service