Vatican City, 7 April 2014 (VIS) – This morning, the Holy Father received in audience:
- Cardinal Fernando Filoni, prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelisation of Peoples.
- Archbishop Francis Assisi Chullikatt, J.C.D., permanent observer at the United Nations in New York and at the Organisation of American States.
- Ten prelates of the Tanzania Episcopal Conference, on their “ad limina” visit:
- Archbishop Jude Thaddeus Ruwa'ichi, O.F.M. Cap., of Mwanza, apostolic administrator of Shinyanga;
- Bishop Renatus Leonard Nkwande of Bunda;
- Bishop Damian Denis Dallu of Geita;
- Bishop Almachius Vincent Rweyongeza of Kayanga;
- Bishop Michael George Mabuga Msonganzila of Musoma;
- Bishop Severine Niwemugizi of Rulenge-Ngara;
- Archbishop Josaphat Louis Lebulu of Arusha;
- Bishop Beatus Kinyaiya, O.F.M. Cap., of Mbulu;
- Bishop Isaac Amani Massawe of Moshi;
- Bishop Rogath Fundimoya Kimaryo of Same.
This afternoon, he is scheduled to receive in audience His Majesty Abdullah II Ibn Al Hussein, King of Jordan.
On Saturday, 5 April the Holy Father received in audience:
- Cardinal Marc Ouellet, P.S.S., prefect of the Congregation for Bishops.
- Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, president of the Republic of Libera, and entourage.
- Eight prelates of the Tanzania Episcopal Conference, on their “ad limina” visit:
- Bishop Tarcisius Ngalalekumtwa of Iringa, apostolic administrator “sede vacante ed at nutum Sanctae Sedis” of Songea;
- Bishop Bruno Pius Ngonyani of Lindi;
- Bishop Evaristo Marc Chengula, I.M.C., of Mbeya;
- Bishop John Chrisostom Ndimbo of Mbinga, with Bishop emeritus Emanuel A. Mapunda;
- Bishop Gabriel Mmole of Mtwara;
- Bishop Alfred Leonhard Maluma of Njombe;
- Bishop Castor Paul Msemwa of Tunduru-Masasi.