Vatican City, 1 October 2013 (VIS) – Today, the Holy Father:
- appointed Archbishop Joseph Spiteri as apostolic nuncio to Republic of Côte d'Ivoire. Archbishop Spiteri was previously apostolic nuncio to Sri Lanka.
- appointed Fr. Riccardo Ferri of the clergy of Massa Carrara-Pontremoli as prelate secretary to the Pontifical Academy of Theology. Fr. Ferri is a lecturer in theology, ordinary academic and council member of the Lateran Pontifical University.
- appointed Fr. Rafael Garcia de la Serrana Villalobos of the clergy of the personal prelature of Opus Dei as director of the Department of Technical Services of the Governorate of Vatican City State. Fr. Garcia de la Serrana Villalobos was previously vice director of the same department.
- accepted the resignation from the pastoral care of the diocese of Rockhampton, Australia, presented by Bishop Brian Heenan, upon having reached the age limit.
- accepted the resignation from the pastoral care of the diocese of Waterford and Lismore, Ireland, presented by Bishop William Lee, in accordance with canon 401 para. 2 of the Code of Canon Law.