Vatican City, 21 October 2013 (VIS) - Today, the Holy Father received in audience:
- Kenneth F. Hackett, the new ambassador of the United States to the Holy See, presenting his credential letters.
- Cardinal Joachim Meisner, archbishop of Cologne, Germany.
- Bishop Franz-Peter Tebartz-van Elst of Limburg, Germany.
- Bishop Juan Ignacio Gonzalez Errazuriz of San Bernardo, Chile.
On Saturday, 19 October the Holy Father received in audience:
- Cardinal Marc Ouellet, P.S.S., prefect of the Congregation for Bishops.
- Cardinal Fernando Filoni, prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelisation of Peoples.
- Mario Draghi, president of the European Central Bank, with his family.