Vatican City, 11 October 2013 (VIS) - The Holy Father today received in audience Cardinal Angelo Amato S.D.B., prefect of the Congregation for the Causes of Saints. During the audience he extended the liturgical cult of Blessed Angela of Foligno (1248-1309) to the universal Church, inscribing her in the catalogue of saints. He also authorised the promulgation of decrees concerning the following causes:
- Servant of God Maria Assunta Caterina Marchetti, Italian co-foundress of the Congregation of the Missionary Sisters of St. Charles (1871-1948).
- Servant of God Blessed Amato Ronconi, Italian founder of the Hospital-Hospice of the Poor Pilgrims of Saludecio, Rimini, now the “Casa di Riposo Opera Pia Beato Amato Ronconi” (1226-1292).
- Servant of God Pio Alberto Del Corona, Italian bishop, founder of the Congregration of the Domenican Sisters of the Holy Spirit (1837-1912).
- Servant of God Maria Elisabetta Turgeon, Canadian foundress of the Congregation of the Sisters of Our Lady of the Holy Rosary of St. Germain (1840-1881).
- Servant of God Maria di San Francesco Wilson, Indian foundress of the Congregation of the Franciscan Sisters of Our Lady of the Victories (1840-1916).
- Servant of God Maria Eleonora Giorgi, Italian professed nun of Sisters Servants of Our Lady of Sorrows, Florence (1882-1945).
- Servant of God Attilio Luciano Giordani, Italian layperson and father, co-operator of the Salesian Society of St. John Bosco (1913-1972).