Home - VIS Vatican - Receive VIS - Contact us - Calendar

The Vatican Information Service is a news service, founded in the Holy See Press Office, that provides information about the Magisterium and the pastoral activities of the Holy Father and the Roman Curia...[]

Last 5 news

VISnews in Twitter Go to YouTube

Monday, March 9, 2009

POPE TO TRAVEL TO THE HOLY LAND FROM 8 TO 15 MAY



VATICAN CITY, 8 MAR 2009 (VIS) - At the end of today's Angelus, the Holy Father asked the faithful to pray for "the two apostolic trips I am, God willing, about to make".

  He explained: "Next week, from 17 to 23 March, I will travel to Africa, first to Cameroon then to Angola, in order to express my own and the Church's real closeness to Christians and people of that continent, which is particularly dear to me. Then, from 8 to 15 May, I will make a pilgrimage to the Holy Land to ask the Lord, while visiting the places sanctified by His earthly life, for the precious gift of unity and peace, for the Middle East and for all humanity. From this moment I hope all of you will give me your spiritual support, that God may accompany me and fill with His grace all the people I meet on my way".

  In this context, the Holy See Press Office today announced that, "accepting the invitation of the king of Jordan, of the president of Israel, of the president of the Palestinian National Authority and of the Assembly of Catholic Ordinaries, His Holiness Benedict XVI will make a pilgrimage to the Holy Land from 8 to 15 May, visiting Amman, Jerusalem, Bethlehem and Nazareth".
ANG/TRIPS AFRICA HOLY LAND/...                VIS 20090309 (230)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © VIS - Vatican Information Service