Home - VIS Vatican - Receive VIS - Contact us - Calendar

The Vatican Information Service is a news service, founded in the Holy See Press Office, that provides information about the Magisterium and the pastoral activities of the Holy Father and the Roman Curia...[]

Last 5 news

VISnews in Twitter Go to YouTube

Monday, September 3, 2007

PAPAL LETTER TO AUSTRIAN DIOCESAN NEWSPAPERS

VATICAN CITY, SEP 1, 2007 (VIS) - Made public today was a Letter from the Holy Father to diocesan newspapers in Austria for his forthcoming apostolic visit - from September 7 to 9 - to Vienna and to the Shrine of Mariazell which is celebrating its 850th anniversary.

  "I love the magnificent landscapes of your homeland which remind me of the Sunday walks of my infancy, ... the great culture of Austria and the friendliness of your people," writes Benedict XVI.

  "During my visit," he continues, "I will encounter a great culture enriched with the passing centuries, but above all I will encounter the present: the conflicts and questions of an ever more fast-moving age, the fatigue and faith of being Christian and coexisting with different cultures and traditions."

  Austria's Marian "heart," says the Holy Father, is in the Shrine of Mariazell, and he recalls how his private chapel in the Vatican contains a copy of the Virgin of Mariazell which John Paul II brought with him from the shrine.

  "When I pray in the chapel," Pope Benedict concludes, "the benevolent face of the Mother of God of Mariazell looks upon me, and I too perceive that sense of tranquillity ... which St. Joseph transmits to the Baby Jesus."
BXVI-LETTER/AUSTRIAN DIOCESES/...            VIS 20070903 (220)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © VIS - Vatican Information Service