Home - VIS Vatican - Receive VIS - Contact us - Calendar

The Vatican Information Service is a news service, founded in the Holy See Press Office, that provides information about the Magisterium and the pastoral activities of the Holy Father and the Roman Curia...[]

Last 5 news

VISnews in Twitter Go to YouTube

Monday, October 27, 2003

POPE EXPRESSES DEEP GRATITUDE FOR JUBILEE CELEBRATIONS


VATICAN CITY, OCT 26, 2003 (VIS) - Pope John Paul appeared at his study window today to pray the Angelus with the thousands of faithful gathered below in St. Peter's Square.
"Still very much alive in my heart," he told the pilgrims, "are the intense emotions I have felt these days, during which so many people gathered close to me on the occasion of the 25th anniversary of my pontificate. I renew my thanks above all to God, rich in mercy, for these 25 years of ministry in service to the Church. I wish above all to express my deep gratitude to my brother cardinals, patriarchs and bishops who wished to participate in such great numbers in this silver jubilee, witnessing in this way to their deep communion with the See of Peter."

"I would also like to thank the heads of State and the government leaders from so many countries, who extended their congratulations to me.

"And lastly, I extend a heartfelt thank you to priests, to consecrated persons and to all the faithful who spiritually joined me with their wishes and with the precious gift of prayer. I am thinking in a special way of the sick who have been very close to me by offering their sufferings. There were also testimonials from Christians of other denominations, as well as from the followers of other religions. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart."

"I ask the Lord," concluded the Holy Father, "to reward you, dear brothers and sisters, for the affection and the support you have shown me. I entrust once again my life and my ministry to the Virgin Mary, mother of the Redeemer and mother of the Church. To her I repeat with filial abandonment: 'Totus tuus!"

ANG;...;...;...;VIS;20031027;Word: 300;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © VIS - Vatican Information Service