Home - VIS Vatican - Receive VIS - Contact us - Calendar

The Vatican Information Service is a news service, founded in the Holy See Press Office, that provides information about the Magisterium and the pastoral activities of the Holy Father and the Roman Curia...[]

Last 5 news

VISnews in Twitter Go to YouTube

Friday, December 13, 2002

DECLARATION ON CARDINAL BERNARD FRANCIS LAW

VATICAN CITY, DEC 13, 2002 (VIS) - Following is the declaration made by Cardinal Bernard Francis Law, archbishop of Boston, U.S.A. after his audience with John Paul II this morning:

"I am profoundly grateful to the Holy Father for having accepted my resignation as Archbishop of Boston.

"It is my fervent prayer that this action may help the Archdiocese of Boston to experience the healing, reconciliation and unity which are so desperately needed.

"To all those who have suffered from my shortcomings and mistakes I both apologize and from them beg forgiveness.

"To the bishops, priests, deacons, religious and laity, with whom I have been privileged to work in our efforts to fulfill the Church's mission, I express my deep gratitude. My gratitude extends to so many others with whom I have been associated in serving the common good; these include those from the ecumenical, Jewish, and wider interreligious communities as well as public officials and others in the civil society.

"The particular circumstances of this time suggest a quiet departure. Please keep me in your prayers."

...;DECLARATION;...;LAW;VIS;20021213;Word: 180;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © VIS - Vatican Information Service