Home - VIS Vatican - Receive VIS - Contact us - Calendar

The Vatican Information Service is a news service, founded in the Holy See Press Office, that provides information about the Magisterium and the pastoral activities of the Holy Father and the Roman Curia...[]

Last 5 news

VISnews in Twitter Go to YouTube

Monday, November 25, 2002

ARCHBISHOP FOLEY AT MEETING ON SPIRITUALITY AND THE MEDIA


VATICAN CITY, NOV 24, 2002 (VIS) - Archbishop John P. Foley, president of the Pontifical Council for Social Communications, delivered a homily today at a Mass in Ravello, Italy, for participants in a three-day meeting on spirituality in movies, television and literature. He also addressed the meeting, which was organized by RAI, Italy's state-owned radio and television.

"When I think of spirituality," said the archbishop, "I return in my mind to the aim of life, asking myself the most timely questions: Why am I here? Who made me? What must I do with my life? For those who think only in material terms, productions which make one reflect can change one's life; for those who think in religious terms, such productions can enrich their spiritual life. ... Movie and television productions do not preach; they are an occasion for everyone to arrive at understanding the aims of life and to identify ourselves with those seeking to reach self-awareness."

CON-CS;SPIRITUALITY; MEDIA;...;FOLEY;VIS;20021125;Word: 170;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © VIS - Vatican Information Service