Home - VIS Vatican - Receive VIS - Contact us - Calendar

The Vatican Information Service is a news service, founded in the Holy See Press Office, that provides information about the Magisterium and the pastoral activities of the Holy Father and the Roman Curia...[]

Last 5 news

VISnews in Twitter Go to YouTube

Wednesday, July 24, 2002

TELEGRAM TO NEW ARCHBISHOP OF CANTERBURY


VATICAN CITY, JUL 24, 2002 (VIS) - The Holy Father sent a telegram to the new archbishop of Canterbury, Rowan Douglas Williams, primate of the Anglican communion. The text follows:

"Having been informed of your appointment as archbishop of Canterbury, I am pleased to extend to you my congratulations and to assure you of my prayers. I have had the opportunity to know and work closely with your predecessors, Archbishop Runcie and Archbishop Carey, in the shared task of promoting understanding between the Anglican Communion and the Catholic Church. I am confident that, with God's help, we can make progress along the path towards unity, in order to experience anew "how good and pleasant it is when brothers dwell in unity!" (Ps 133:1) I send my best wishes for your new and demanding ministry."

TGR;NOMINATION CANTERBURY;...;WILLIAMS;VIS;20020724;Word: 140;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © VIS - Vatican Information Service