Vatican City, 14 November 2015 (VIS) -The General Secretariat of the Synod of Bishops has issued a complete list of the members of the 14th Ordinary Council, as follows:
Elected members of the Synod of Bishops
- Cardinal Christoph Schonborn, O.P., archbishop of Vienna, president of the Episcopal Conference of Austria;
- Cardinal Wilfrid Fox Napier, O.F.M., archbishop of Durban, South Africa;
- Cardinal Oscar Andres Rodriguez Maradiaga, S.D.B., archbishop of Tegucigalpa, president of the Episcopal Conference of Honduras;
- Cardinal Peter Kodwo Appiah Turkson, president of the Pontifical Council “Justice and Peace”, Vatican City;
- Cardinal George Pell, prefect of the Secretariat for the Economy, Vatican City;
- Cardinal Marc Ouellet, P.S.S., prefect of the Congregation for Bishops, Vatican City;
- Cardinal Oswald Gracias, archbishop of Bombay, president of the Conference of Catholic Bishops of India (C.C.B.I.), India.
- Cardinal Luis Antonio G. Tagle, archbishop of Manila, Philippines;
- Cardinal Vincent Gerard Nichols, archbishop of Westminster, Great Britain, president of the Episcopal Conference of England and Wales;
- Cardinal Robert Sarah, prefect of the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments, Vatican City;
- Archbishop Charles Joseph Chaput, O.F.M. Cap., archbishop of Philadelphia, United States of America;
- Archbishop Bruno Forte of Chieti-Vasto, Italy.
Members by papal appointment:
- His Beatitude Louis Raphael I Sako, patriarch of Babylon of the Chaldeans, head of the Synod of the Chaldean Church, Iraq;
- Archbishop Carlos Osoro Sierra of Madrid, Spain;
- Archbishop Sergio Da Rocha of Brasilia, president of the Episcopal Conference of Brazil.