Vatican City, 5 May 2014 (VIS) – Today the Holy Father received in audience:
- Cardinal Juan Luis Cipriani Thorne, archbishop of Lima, Peru.
- Archbishop Marek Solczynski, apostolic nuncio in Georgia, Armenia and Azerbaijan.
- Ten prelates of the Conference of Catholic Bishops of Burundi, on their “ad limina” visit:
Archbishop Simon Ntamwana of Gitenga;
Bishop Joachim Ntahondereye of Muyinga;
Bishop Gervais Banshimiyubusa of Ngozi, with Bishop emeritus Stanislas Kaburungu;
Bishop Bonaventure Nahimana of Rutana;
Bishop Blaise Nzeyimana of Ruyigi;
Archbishop Evariste Ngoyagoye of Bujumbura;
Bishop Jean Ntagwarara of Bubanza, with his coadjutor Bishop Georges Bizimana;
Bishop Vanant Bacinoni of Bururi.
- Cardinal Jaime Lucas Ortega y Alamino, archbishop of San Cristobal de La Habana, Cuba.
On Saturday, 3 May the Holy Father received in audience:
- Cardinal Reinhard Marx, archbishop of Munchen und Freising, Federal Republic of Germany, coordinator of the Council for the Economy.
- Cardinal Marc Ouellet, prefect of the Congregation for Bishops.
- Fourteen prelates from the Catholic Bishops' Conference of Sri Lanka on their “ad limina” visit:
Cardinal Albert Malcolm Ranjith Patabendige Don, archbishop of Colombo, with his auxiliaries, Bishop Fidelis Lionel Emmanuel Fernando and Bishop Sampathawaduge Maxwell Grenville Silva;
Bishop Norbert Marshall Andradi of Anuradhapura;
Bishop Julian Winston Sebastian Fernando of Badulla;
Bishop Joseph Ponniah of Batticaloa;
Bishop Warnakulasurya Wadumestrige Devsritha Valence Mendis of Chilaw;
Bishop Raymond Kingsley Wickramasinghe of Galle;
Bishop Thomas Savundaranayagam Emmanuel of Jaffna;
Bishop Joseph Vianney Fernando of Kandy;
Bishop Harold Anthony Perera of Kurunegala;
Bishop Rayappu Joseph of Mannar;
Bishop Cletus Chandrasiri Perera of Ratnapura;
Bishop Joseph Kingsley Swampillai of Trincomalee.