Vatican City, 3 February 2014 (VIS) – Today the Holy Father received in audience:
- Twenty prelates of the Polish Episcopal Conference on their “ad limina” visit:
- Cardinal Kazimierz Nycz, archbishop of Warszawa, with his auxiliary Bishop Tadeusz Pikus;
- Bishop Piotr Libera of Plock;
- Archbishop-bishop Henryk Hoser S.A.C. of Warszawa-Praga, with his auxiliary Bishop Marek Solarczyk;
- Cardinal Stanislaw Dziwisz, archbishop of Krakow, with his auxiliaries Bishop Jan Szkodon, Bishop Jan Zajac, Bishop Grzegorz Rys, Bishop Damian Andrzej Muskus, O.F.M., Bishop Tadeusz Pieronek;
- Bishop Roman Pindel of Bielsko-Zywiec, and his auxiliary Bishop Piotr Greger;
- Bishop Kazimierz Ryczan of Kielce, with his auxiliaries Bishop Marian Florczyk and Bishop Kazimierz Gurda;
- Bishop Andrzej Jez of Tarnow, with his auxiliary Bishop Wieslaw Lechowicz and former auxiliary Bishop Wladislaw Bobowski;
- Bishop Jozef Guzdek, military ordinary of Poland.
On the morning of Saturday, 1 February the Holy Father received in audience:
- Cardinal Marc Ouellet, prefect of the Congregation for Bishops.
- eighteen prelates of the Polish Episcopal Conference on their “ad limina” visit:
- Archbishop Jozef Kowalczyk of Gniezno accompanied by his auxiliaries, Bishop Wojciech Polak, Bishop Krzysztof Jakub Wetkowski, and Archbishop emeritus Henryk Jozef Muszynski;
- Bishop Wieslaw Alojzy Mering of Wloclawek, with his auxiliary Stanislaw Gebicki;
- Bishop Jan Tyrawa of Bydgoszcz;
- Archbishop Stanislaw Gadecki of Poznan with his auxiliaries Bishop Zdislaw Fortuniak, Bishop Grzegorz Balcerek, and Bishop Damian Bryl;
- Bishop Edward Janiak of Kalisz;
- Archbishop Marek Jedraszewski of Lodz, accompanied by his auxiliaries, Bishop Adam Lepa and Bishop Ireneusz Josef Pekalski;
- Bishop Andrzej Franciszek Dziuba of Lowicz;
- Archbishop Jan Martyniak of Przemysl-Warszawa of Byzantine-Ukrainian rite; and
- Bishop Wlodzimierz Roman Juszczak of Wroclaw-Gdansk.
In the afternoon of Saturday, 1 February the Holy Father received in audience Cardinal Joao Braz de Aviz, prefect of the Congregation for the Institutes of Consecrated Life and Societies of Apostolic Life, and Bishop Jose Rodriguez Carbahlo O.F.M., secretary of the same Congregation.