Vatican City, 8 December 2013 (VIS) – Today in the Vatican, the Holy Father received in private audience Archbishop Angelo Amato S.D.B., prefect of the Congregation for the Causes of Saints, and authorised the promulgation of decrees concerning the following causes:
- Venerable Servant of God Giovannina Franchi, Italian foundress of the Sisters of the Sorrowful Mother of Como (1807-1872).
- Servants of God Mario Vergara, Italian, professed priest of the Pontifical Institute for Foreign Missions and Isidoro Ngei Ko Lat, Burmese, layperson and catechist killed in hatred of the faith in Shadaw, Myanmar, in 1950.
- Servant of God Maurice Garrigou, French priest and founder of the Institute of Our Lady of Compassion (1766-1852).
- Servant of God Clemens Fuhl (born Vinzenz Fuhl), German, professed priest of the Agostinian Order (1874-1935).
- Servant of God Marcell of the Virgin of Carmel (born Marcell Boldizsar Marton), Hungarian professed priest of the Order of the Discalced Carmelites (1887-1966).
- Servant of God Romano Bottegal, Italian professed priest of the Order of Cistercians of the Strict Observance (Trappists), (1921-1978).
- Servant of God Rosalie Cadron-Jette, Canadian foundress of the Institute of the Sisters of Misericorde (1794-1864).
- Servant of God Maria Rosa Teresa Gay Tibau, Spanish foundress of the Religious of St. Joseph of Girona (1813-1884).
- Servant of God Maria Oliva of the Mystical Body (born Maria Oliva Bonaldo), Italian foundress of the Daughters of the Church (1893-1976).
- Servant of God Orsola Mezzini, professed religious of the Sisters of the Little Mission for the Deaf-Mute (1853-1919).
- Servant of God Maria Scolastica of Divine Providence (born Orsola Maria Rivata), Italian professed religious of the Sisters Disciples of the Divine Master (1897-1987).
- Servant of God Raffaele Cordero Molina, Puerto Rican layperson (1790-1868).