Home - VIS Vatican - Receive VIS - Contact us - Calendar

The Vatican Information Service is a news service, founded in the Holy See Press Office, that provides information about the Magisterium and the pastoral activities of the Holy Father and the Roman Curia...[]

Last 5 news

VISnews in Twitter Go to YouTube

Monday, July 23, 2001

HOLY FATHER ENDS MOUNTAIN VACATION, GOES TO CASTELGANDOLFO


VATICAN CITY, JUL 20, 2001 (VIS) - Pope John Paul returned to Rome this evening, landing at Ciampino Airport just after 7:30 p.m., thus ending his 12-day vacation in the Italian mountains. After being welcomed by civil and religious authorities, he proceeded by car to Castelgandolfo where he appeared on the balcony of the apostolic palace to greet those gathered below.

"I greet Castelgandolfo," he began. "Once I said that there is not only one Vatican, but three: first there is the one at St. Peter's, the second is Castelgandolfo, the third is Gemelli Hospital. This time I didn't have to go via Gemelli to get here to Castelgandolfo. I have just arrived from the mountains of Valle d'Aosta and I thank all the people of the region for the lovely welcome they gave me. This evening I meet you, the citizens and guests of Castelgandolfo, and I wish you the very best for your vacations. ... Enjoy what you are doing and I'll see you soon."

JPII-VACATION;ARRIVAL CASTELGANDOLFO VIS 20010723 (170);...;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © VIS - Vatican Information Service