Home - VIS Vatican - Receive VIS - Contact us - Calendar

The Vatican Information Service is a news service, founded in the Holy See Press Office, that provides information about the Magisterium and the pastoral activities of the Holy Father and the Roman Curia...[]

Last 5 news

VISnews in Twitter Go to YouTube

Monday, July 5, 1999

JOHN PAUL II EXPRESSES DESIRE TO VISIT NAZARETH NEXT YEAR


VATICAN CITY, JUL 4, 1999 (VIS) - At noon, Pope John Paul recited the angelus with the faithful who had gathered for the Mass and dedication of the new Shrine of Divine Love. He said that "on this day I turn my thoughts to the many Marian places which I have visited on pilgrimage during these 21 years of pontificate. What a joy it would be for me if I could go next year to Nazareth, where 'the word became flesh and dwelt amongst us'."

"I recall with emotion my first visit as bishop of Rome to the Shrine of Divine Love in 1979," he remarked. "On that occasion a golden olive branch was given to me to bring to Our Lady of Czestochowa, at whose feet I remained in prayer, just a few days ago, at the conclusion of my trip to Poland. That golden branch seems to evoke a spiritual link between this Shrine of Divine Love, with such close ties to Rome, and Czestochowa, symbol of my native land."

The Holy Father then pointed out that, "from September 15 to 24, 2000 the Shrine of Divine Love will host the 20th Mariological-Marian Congress on the theme 'The Mystery of the Trinity and Mary'. I am delighted at the fact that reflections on the singular role of Mary in the mystery of Christ and the Church is constantly being studied more deeply."

ANG;MARY;...;DIVINE LOVE SHRINE;VIS;19990705;Word: 240;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © VIS - Vatican Information Service